RCPS Celebrates Schoolwide Academic Achievements
CONYERS, GA – Rockdale County Public Schools celebrated the 2014-15 College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI) school achievements June 3, 2016 at an end-of-the-school year assembly of school administrators and district personnel. As a key strategy in recruiting and retaining great teachers, one of the Superintendent’s budget priorities included a Pay for Performance ‘team’ incentive model for school-wide achievement. Schools that met the target for the CCRPI received a plaque and a monetary award.
The target for the awards include the following:
- Absolute bar of 80%+ of the total points possible for Overall Score (100 points possible) and/or
- 80%+ of the total points possible in the category for Achievement (50 points possible), and/or
- 80%+ of the total points possible in the category for Progress (40 points possible), and/or
- 80%+ of the total points possible in the category for Achievement Gap (10 points possible).
Schools were awarded $5,000 for each of the four targets achieved.
“This recognition is just one small way to show appreciation for the hard work of our faculty and staff,” says Superintendent Richard Autry. “I believe there are two types of job descriptions in education; there are those who teach, and those who support those who teach. Yet each role has a significant impact on the success of our students. For this reason, RCPS is implementing a school-wide ‘team’ incentive model which supports collaboration within each school rather than an individual merit pay model, which promotes teacher isolation and unhealthy competition among staff. I am pleased that we are able to move forward with rewarding our schools and the people who make our organization great.”
School administrators, along with building leadership staff can choose how to use the awarded funds according to the following guidelines.
Each school/program’s leadership team must select one of the four options to submit for approval:
1. Divide and issue the money to all certified and classified staff employed at the school during the FY 14-15 award year.
2. Use the award for a school related expense.
3. Use the monies for an approved staff related expense.
4. Combination of options 1-3
The schools and their awards are listed as follows:
Barksdale ES - $15,000 – Overall Score, Progress, and Achievement Gap
C.J. Hicks ES – $5,000 - Progress
Flat Shoals ES – $10,000 – Overall Score and Progress
Hightower Trail ES – $5,000 - Progress
Honey Creek ES – $10,000 – Overall Score and Progress
J.H. House ES – $10,000 – Overall Score and Progress
Lorraine ES – $10,000 – Overall Score and Progress
Peek’s Chapel ES– $5,000 - Progress
Sims ES – $5,000 - Progress
Conyers MS – $5,000 - Progress
Davis MS – $10,000 – Overall Score and Progress
Edwards MS – $5,000 - Progress
Memorial MS – $5,000 - Progress
Heritage HS – $5,000 - Progress
Rockdale Co. HS – $5,000 - Progress
Salem HS – $5,000 - Progress