The Rockdale Early Learning Initiative is designed to support the optimal development of young children and their families through provision of a wide range of experiences that promote literacy, social/emotional development, cognitive skills, physical development and creativity in an enriched and supportive learning environment for children ages 0-5. The Early Learning Initiative ensures that parents and early learning providers in Rockdale County are connected to appropriate, available community support and resources, and every child enters school ready to learn.
Early learning programs in Rockdale County strive to ensure that:
- Children will be healthy, well-nourished and meet developmental milestones.
- Children (0-5) will receive developmental screening for early indicators of school readiness.
- Children (0-5) with identified special needs will be offered appropriate intervention services at an earlier age.
- Children (age 4) will participate in a Pre-K or quality early learning program by September 1 each year.
- Pre-K children will experience seamless transitions from early childhood settings to Rockdale County Public Schools.
- Parents and early learning providers will be knowledgeable of child development stages and positive parenting skills, thus becoming better teachers and advocates for children.
- Children will be in safe and stable families.
For more information contact:
Shauna Miller, Early Learning Center Coordinator
Rockdale Career Academy, 1064 Culpepper Drive, Conyers, GA 30094